If you pay attention to news related to the mowing industry, then you may have spotted some articles about robotic mowers. There are companies who manufacture fully automated, robotic mowers. These types of mowers have been around for about ten years now. Recently, their popularity has grown due to a push from some manufacturers. The idea of a robotic mower is pretty enticing. Wouldn’t it be nice to push a button and not worry about mowing the lawn ever again? Some of your customers may have even asked you about such a product.
Robotic mowers haven’t had much of an impact on the industry as of yet. Robotic mowers are not nearly as versatile as high-quality commercial mowers. At Wright Manufacturing, we believe in spending time and energy on keeping our mowers equipped with the most important commercial mower technology. However, we know that the best lawns are maintained by humans on commercial mowers. Here are some ways our commercial mowers stand apart from the new wave of robotic mowers:
- Versatility– Robotic mowers are intended for one yard at a time. You won’t find a robotic mower moving from yard to yard anytime soon. Our Stander®, walk-behind, and mid-mount mowers are intended to adapt to various terrains, yard sizes, and conditions.
- Human Touch– One obvious difference between robotic and commercial mowers is the human touch. A robot will not know how to care for a lawn on a case by case basis. Your lawn company specializes in knowing what each of your customers need. A lawn is a huge investment for many people. A high quality lawn can be expensive to maintain, but it’s also a part of a home’s value. Your customers appreciate the experience and expertise your crew brings to the table.
- Maneuverability– Our Wright Manufacturing products can adapt to any lawn. You can easily and safely maneuver around objects and hills on our mowers. A large, hilly lot would not be a good setting for a robotic lawn mower. Our products are made for large and small jobs.
- Speed– Robotic lawn mowers are designed to work while the owner is occupied with something else. Owners of robotic lawn mowers aren’t interested in speed. Your lawn company thrives on efficiency with each job. There’s no match for our powerful engines. Customers with a large lot will never turn to a slower robotic lawn mower to get the job done.
- Cost– A robotic mower may have a comparable or even lower price tag than our commercial mowers. However, our mowers are designed for durability. We’ve paid attention to everything from the wheels and shocks to the spark plugs and battery terminals. If you do need maintenance on your Wright Manufacturing product, then most lawn mower mechanics can do the job. It may be much more difficult and costly to maintain a robotic lawn mower.
These are just some of the many differences between a robotic and commercial lawn mower. A robotic lawn mower can serve a purpose for small residential yards. There is simply no replacement for well-made mowers in commercial lawn mowing. We work with the finest engineers in the business to build our mowers. You can expect the best when you buy a mower from us. If your customers ask you about robotic mowers, just remind them that there’s no replacement for the versatility, experience, and expertise of human operated Wright Manufacturing product.